Results tagged ‘ YAI Network ’
Big league baseball and the crew from TV’s “Ace of Cakes” will collide this summer in Baltimore’s Inner Harbor, as fans of both the Yankees and Orioles will come together to support their teams, flex their cake-decorating prowess and have a crack at some terrific prizes.
The event is being held to benefit the YAI Network, a not-for-profit group which helps people with developmental disabilities in New York and in many other cities.
I was able to help out last season with a David Cone charity event at Foley’s NY, and it was a great time for everyone involved. I hope you’ll be able to swing by and spread the word to help make this summer’s event just as great of a success! Here’s what you need to know:
Sunday, July 13 at 11:00 a.m. ET
(Prior to the Yankees-Orioles 8:05 p.m. ET game at Camden Yards)
Who: Mary Smith from TV’s “Ace of Cakes” (plus a surprise guest judge!)
What: A cake decorating course designed for diehard baseball fans
Where: Charm City Cakes (2936 Remington Ave., Baltimore, MD)
When: Sunday, July 13 at 11:00 a.m. (class lasts approx. 2 1/2 hours)
Why: To raise money for YAI Network, an award-winning, nationally acclaimed network of not-for-profit health and human services agencies dedicated to building brighter futures for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities of all ages and their families.
Check out www.YAI.org for more information.
**Our special guest judge will award a pair of tickets to the 8:05 p.m. game at Camden Yards (with field passes for batting practice) to the decorators of their favorite Orioles and Yankees-themed cakes**
For more info, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org … There are only 40 spots on the roster, so sign up today!
A portion of the proceeds to benefit YAI Network’s Manhattan Day Hab, a Yankees HOPE Week honoree
Fan favorite and current YES Network broadcaster David Cone will be “pitching” in to help a good cause on Sat., May 18, when he slides behind the bar at Foley’s NY Restaurant and Pub for “A Perfect Evening With David Cone.”
Cone will be pouring beverages and signing autographs to benefit the YAI Network (www.yai.org – an inaugural Yankees HOPE Week honoree) and their Manhattan Day Hab facility from 7-9 p.m. ET. There is no cover charge.
All money raised from autograph, auction and raffle sales, plus half of the proceeds from the bar, will be donated to YAI’s efforts in “seeing beyond disability”: to ensure that men, women and children with developmental and learning disabilities have access to the support and services that they need to live productive, independent, and healthy lives.
Foley’s NY is located at 18 West 33rd Street in New York, opposite the Empire State Building.
Autographs will be available for a charitable donation of $20 each. There will also be a limited number of 8×10 photographs available for sale at a price of $5, representing Cone’s July 18, 1999 Yankees perfect game as well as his years across town with the Mets.
NEED MORE REASONS TO STOP BY?
In addition to Cone’s appearance, there is a terrific raffle and several exciting surprises on deck for the event. Raffle tickets will be sold for $10 each (with a special deal of three for $20), and we can now reveal some of the great prizes that people will be bringing home from Foley’s NY on Saturday night:
- Autographed Joe Girardi Major League Baseball (donated by the New York Yankees)
- Autographed Matt Harvey Major League Baseball (donated by the New York Mets)
- “The Ultimate Bleacher Creature Experience” – two tickets to a Yankees home game, two t-shirts and the chance to lead ‘Roll Call’ (donated by “Bald Vinny” Milano and the Bleacher Creatures)
- Two tickets for a Hornblower Manhattan cruise (donated by Hornblower Cruises & Events)
- Two tickets to a New York Mets home game (donated by MLB.com)
- Michael Kay “CenterStage” Package: Four tickets to an episode taping, officially licensed show mugs and a Michael Kay autograph (donated by the YES Network)
- One-year subscription to Yankees Magazine and a 2013 Yankees yearbook (donated by Yankees Publications)
- Waterford Crystal New York Yankees cap
- “It Ain’t Over” Gift Package – Includes family membership to the Yogi Berra Museum, free admission to the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, Brian Doyle and Don Mattingly autographed baseballs and more!
(donated by the Yogi Berra Museum & Learning Center)
Plus, two lucky patrons will have the opportunity to bring home these great big-ticket items:
- Legendary New York Yankees closer Mariano Rivera autographed Louisville Slugger bat (How rare is this? Usually he’s seen breaking these)
- Four tickets to a New York Mets home game, including passes to watch batting practice on the field (generously donated by the New York Mets)
We’ll be able to reveal more great items later in the week, and I want to thank Shaun Clancy at Foley’s NY and all of the wonderful people who have helped make this event a reality over the last several months.
It has been a pleasure and an honor to assist in bringing Cone and the YAI group together with Foley’s for this great event, and I’m looking forward to having some fun for a great cause. I hope we’ll see you there on Saturday night!