Results tagged ‘ Romulo Sanchez ’
Here is the lineup as the Yankees take their last bus trip of the spring, a 2 1/2 hour trek to Fort Myers, Fla., and they’ll see a familiar face on the other side of the diamond… remember, the Yankees actually had some interest in signing Carl Pavano (again!) as a free agent this winter…
March 27, 2011, 1:05 p.m. ET – Lee County Sports Complex – Fort Myers, Fla.
TV: None / Radio: None
Eduardo Nunez SS, Robinson Cano 2B, Mark Teixeira 1B, Alex Rodriguez DH, Eric Chavez 3B, Andruw Jones RF, Ramiro Pena LF, Jesus Montero C, Austin Krum CF
Pitching: Buddy Carlyle RHP (0-0, 18.00 ERA this spring)
Aaron Hicks CF, Matt Tolbert 2B, Michael Cuddyer RF, Justin Morneau 1B, Jim Thome DH, Delmon Young LF, Danny Valencia 3B, Drew Butera C, Alexi Casilla SS
Pitching: Carl Pavano RHP (1-1, 0.95 ERA this spring)
- Joe Girardi told reporters today in Fort Myers that it is unlikely Pedro Feliciano (left triceps soreness) will be able to avoid the disabled list. Feliciano was supposed to try throwing today but the session had to be cancelled, and Girardi said it is difficult to envision a situation where Feliciano is ready for Opening Day. Girardi named lefty Steve Garrison, 24, as a potential replacement to begin the season.
- Romulo Sanchez was listed on the travel roster for today’s game but did not make the trip. It’s possible that the Yankees could have a trade in the works. Sanchez is out of Minor League options.
- Right-handed pitcher Lance Pendleton has been tendered back to the Yankees by the Astros. Pendleton will be assigned to minor league camp.
- Chris Dickerson (cramping) and Curtis Granderson (oblique strain) are taking BP this afternoon in Tampa, though Girardi said it is too early to know anything about their conditions.
- Girardi on Eric Chavez’s spring: “You saw the bat speed. Right when he got to camp, you saw the bat speed in Chavez. If he’s healthy, he can help us. He’s not really going to forget how to hit. It’s just if you’re physically capable of hitting. And he looked great.”