It’s understandable if you might have missed a story or two coming out of Yankees camp last week. There are only so many panels and headline slots on the main Yankees.com page, and the Bombers were providing more than enough to keep the store fully stocked. Here’s a look back at the content we sent out to the ‘net:
- Masahiro Tanaka is getting adjusted to life in Yankees camp. He seems to be the real deal, according to Brian McCann.
- Derek Jeter held a press conference and said that 2014 was the right time to retire. Hal Steinbrenner missed Jeter’s first call. Jeter explained why he used Facebook to make his announcement. The captain was the star of the team’s first workout.
- Mark Teixeira said that he expects to play 150-plus games. Brian Roberts didn’t go quite that far, but he expects to be on the field more than he was with Baltimore. The pinstripes are feeling right so far for Jacoby Ellsbury & Carlos Beltran.
- Entering an uncertain spring, Ichiro Suzuki still thinks he’ll be able to find a niche with this team. Brett Gardner does too. David Phelps would like to figure out a role.
- Hideki Matsui is in camp; so is Jorge Posada. Andy Pettitte and Mariano Rivera indirectly convinced Hiroki Kuroda to pitch another season.
- CC Sabathia checked out his mechanics over the winter in Birmingham, Ala. Andrew Bailey is coming to town on a Minor League contract.
- Yankees president Randy Levine joined MLB.com for a Q&A. He expects a special season ahead.
- MLB.com’s Barry Bloom dropped by to compare the Yanks’ Joes: Girardi vs. Torre. Anthony Castrovince wondered if we’ll ever get to know the real Jeter. Alfonso Soriano has the flu.
Follow me on Twitter @bryanhoch.