- Back in the saddle here at The Boss after four days of
f and a flight home to New York. We’re under the lights in Tampa tonight as the Yankees try to pick up a win after six straight losses, the last of which came on Monday in a 2-1 decision to the Red Sox.
- You’ll notice that this lineup looks an awful lot like the one the Yankees might be trotting out on March 31 against the Tigers. It’s the first time the probable Opening Day lineup has been together as a group, and with another night game on Thursday, Joe Girardi said he’s thinking about running it out there again.
- There has been some talk outside the clubhouse about moving around the 3-4-5 hitters, but Girardi said he has no plans to shuffle Mark Teixeira, Alex Rodriguez and Robinson Cano.
- Joba Chamberlain’s MRI showed a slight oblique strain, although he’s asymptomatic. They’ll have him play catch tomorrow and see where he is. Sergio Mitre tossed a light side today and is also on the mend.
- Ivan Nova is expected to throw 75 to 80 pitches tonight.
- There are 15 days until Opening Day.