Yankees add eight to roster
Rosters have expanded to a maximum of 40 players, and the Yankees have announced the following roster moves:
· Recalled C John Ryan Murphy, RHP Preston Claiborne, RHP Bryan Mitchell and RHP Chase Whitley from Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.
· Selected LHP Rich Hill and OF Chris Young to the active roster from Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.
· Signed OF Antoan Richardson and RHP Chaz Roe to Major League contracts and select them to the active roster from Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.
· Recalled OF Slade Heathcott from Double-A Trenton and transfer him to the 60-day disabled list (right knee surgery).
· Transferred RHP Masahiro Tanaka to the 60-day disabled list.
· Released RHP Matt Daley.
· Designated OF Zoilo Almonte for assignment.