Game 17: Yankees at Rays
The Yankees will go for their sixth straight victory tonight here at Tropicana Field, playing the second game of a four-game series with the Rays. Hiroki Kuroda and Erik Bedard comprise the pitching matchup, with first pitch scheduled for 7:10 p.m. ET. The game is on YES and MLB Network, and also WFAN.
Some quick hits from Joe Girardi’s pregame session…
- Carlos Beltran had an MRI on his left shoulder and right wrist after last night’s tumble over a short wall in right field. The tests were clean, but today is going to just be a treatment day for Beltran and he’s unavailable to play. Beltran is hopeful that he’ll be in tomorrow night’s lineup.
- Brian Roberts is out of the lineup, but Girardi said that was because Roberts wasn’t going to play four games on the turf. He ran a lot last night, so Girardi thought tonight would be a good night to give him off. Roberts also said everything was fine.
- Mark Teixeira had five Minor League at-bats today over in Tampa. He’s scheduled to play seven innings tomorrow and is on track to be in Sunday’s lineup against left-hander Cesar Ramos.
- Sunday’s Yankees starter is still TBA, though Girardi is leaning toward Vidal Nuno. The Red Sox will see Masahiro Tanaka, Michael Pineda and CC Sabathia next week at Fenway Park.
- David Robertson had fielding practice today at the Trop. He’ll pitch tomorrow in a Minor League game and believes he will be ready for activation Tuesday.
- Dellin Betances is unavailable tonight after throwing two innings last night.
Here are tonight’s lineups:
Brett Gardner LF
Hiroki Kuroda RHP (2-1, 3.86)
David DeJesus CF
Erik Bedard LHP (0-0, 0.00)