Brett Gardner LF, Russell Martin C, Jorge Posada 1B, Robinson Cano 2B, Nick Swisher RF, Curtis Granderson CF, Jesus Montero DH, Ronnie Belliard 2B, Ramiro Pena SS
Starting pitcher: CC Sabathia RHP (0-0, 9.64 ERA this spring)
Also scheduled to pitch: David Robertson, Mark Prior, Brian Anderson, Andy Sisco
Jimmy Rollins SS, Shane Victorino CF, Placido Polanco 3B, Ben Francisco LF, John Mayberry Jr. 1B, Delwyn Young RF, Carlos Ruiz C, Matt Miller DH, Josh Barfield 2B
Starting pitcher: Roy Halladay RHP (1-0, 0.00 ERA this spring)
Also scheduled to pitch: J.C. Ramirez, Michael Stutes, Michael Schwimer, Justin De Fratus, Antonio Bastardo
- Hello from Clearwater, where it’s rainy and in the 60s. We had some heavy thunderstorms overnight, and this morning my apartment was literally shaking from overhead thunder, but it’s all supposed to clear up and we expect to have baseball. The tarp is on the field and the flags atop the scoreboard in left-center field are gently blowing out to left.
- If you take a look at the Yankees lineup, you’ll see Jorge Posada at first base. That’s not a typo. They want to give him some looks there this spring; he’s been working out at the position in practice and has 28 Major League appearances there previously. It’s more as an emergency type option for Joe Girardi, who noted that Posada’s knee has given him no problems.
- Upcoming pitching for the Yankees: Phil Hughes vs. the Braves tomorrow at Steinbrenner Field, with Ivan Nova going in the split-squad game at Toronto; A.J. Burnett at Nationals; Freddy Garcia vs. Twins, Sergio Mitre at Red Sox.
- Greg Golson (sore oblique) is on the mend, but Colin Curtis (separated shoulder) isn’t so lucky. He’ll rehab in Tampa for a month.
- Former MLB umpire Jerry Crawford – a Havertown, Pa. native – is throwing today’s ceremonial first pitch.
- There are 21 days until Opening Day.