March 7, 2011, 1:05 p.m. ET – George M. Steinbrenner Field – Tampa, Fla.
TV: YES / Radio: None
Shane Victorino SS, Placido Polanco 3B, Jimmy Rollins SS, Ryan Howard DH, Ben Francisco RF, Ross Gload 1B, John Mayberry Jr. LF, Carlos Ruiz C, Wilson Valdez 2B
Starting pitcher: Roy Oswalt RHP (0-0, 4.50 ERA this spring)
Also scheduled to pitch: Vance Worley, Ryan Feierabend, Drew Naylor, Brian Bass
Brett Gardner LF, Russell Martin C, Nick Swisher RF, Curtis Granderson CF, Jorge Posada DH, Eric Chavez 1B, Jorge Vazquez 3B, Eduardo Nunez SS, Ramiro Pena 2B
Starting pitcher: A.J. Burnett RHP (0-0, 0.00 ERA this spring)
Also scheduled to pitch: Joba Chamberlain, Pedro Feliciano, Hector Noesi, Mark Prior
- Who’s ready for baseball? The Yankees have a long day ahead, as they’ll play twice in two cities – split-squad action. This is the day game in Tampa, and half of the roster will head south to Sarasota for a 7:05 p.m. ET meeting with the Orioles.
- Sergio Mitre (1-0, 0.00 ERA) will start the night game. It will be his first start of the spring and third appearance overall.
- This is A.J. Burnett’s second spring start. He last appeared on March 2 vs. Houston and allowed two hits in two scoreless innings.
- Rafael Soriano and Ivan Nova threw simulated games at Steinbrenner Field this morning. They faced Bradley Suttle and Jordan Parraz. Soriano struck out three in his ‘inning’ of work and had to keep going to reach his pitch count.
- The Yankees’ lineup for the night game at Sarasota: Derek Jeter SS, Robinson Cano 2B, Mark Teixeira 1B, Alex Rodriguez 3B, Andruw Jones DH, Justin Maxwell LF, Greg Golson CF, Melky Mesa RF, Austin Romine C, Sergio Mitre RHP.
- Pitchers also making tonight’s trip: Dellin Betances, Adam Warren, D.J. Mitchell, Andy Sisco, Ryan Pope, Robert Fish, Eric Wordekemper, Daniel Turpen.
- Six Minor Leaguers have been called across the street to help out today vs. the Phillies. They are: #69 C Mitch Abeita, #70 IF Luke Murton, #76 IF Corban Joseph, #90 IF Jose Pirela, #91 OF Ray Kruml, #96 OF Neil Medchill.